Why become a member? ×

Advice on a Pair of Cabs for an Eden WT800

EvilSmile

Hey, i'm looking into getting a pair of cabs to go with my Eden WT800 head. I plan on running it in stereo, so the output is 2x 400 watts and 4ohms. So i'm looking into getting a pair of 2x10's or maybe even a pair of 1x12's.

I've not got oddles of cash to throw at this maybe £600-£800 at the most. I'd quite like the cabs not weigh a tonne each, but with 2 the portability won't be that bad. I play a range of stuff from metal, jazz, funk, hiphop and even some experimental electronic stuff and drum and bass. I regularly play 5 string sometimes tuned down a step so handling the low notes is vital. Ilike a modern tone with a lot of growl (i play warwick basses), i'd rather have a well defined growl and punch than a fat oldschool tone.

So far i've been looking into aguilar, epifani, warwick and phil jones(yeh not a 2x10 or a 112 but a 4x5).

I've tried both 2x10s and 112s from each, but not tried a warwick 1x12. Phil jones i looked into the 4b cab. tbh all sounded great but i think thats down to the eden head. With the epifani i was looking into the preformance range and not the UL cabs as they are out of my price range!

What are peoples experiences with those that i mentioned? and what would you guys recommend?

I'm very open to suggestions of anything really, including brands, speaker combination and well anything! - the more info the better really as it'll help me make the more informed choice of cabs.