Why become a member? ×

Warwick FNA Jazzman 5 string demo

72deluxe

[size=4][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Hello[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Given some spare time today I thought I'd do a rough demo of my Warwick FNA Jazzman. It's a 2001 model, and with an ovangkol neck. I have had it since new; it currently has D'Addario Pro Steel strings on it (hence brightness!)[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]It's a sloppy video, sloppy timing, no musical direction or profound euphoric composition, and my cats were fighting whilst I filmed it (hence I looked around), and perhaps I play too much but I had just had a black coffee with loads of sugar in it. Also, I am not going to win any awards for clothing style or personal appearance... I am particularly proud of the terrible misplayed buzzy note near the end...[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]But hopefully it'll give an idea of the sound of the bass, given that there are very very very few videos of these basses online. [/font][/size]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDXm3R95Kms[/media]

[size=4][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Some info:[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]These ovangkol necks are the ones that everyone says are "baseball bats" but I have never had a problem with it at all. I never played an older one so I obviously didn't notice a difference, but again I have no problem with it.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]It has a large humbucker (so people can compare them to Stingrays) but as it's the Jazzman, it has an additional neck pickup at a slant.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Unlike the Corvette (which has the same body shape), this has a 3-band EQ for bass, middle and treble; the Corvette only has a 2 band EQ (bass and treble). It has a blend for pickup balance between bridge and neck (the stacked pot) with the top of the stacked pot doing master volume. [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]This has a three-way toggle switch for humbucker routing (humbucking and routed in series, single coil and routed as hum-cancelling with the neck pickup, and then humbucking and routed in parallel in the down position). This video has it in the last of these three positions.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]There is an additional switch on this bass as you can see - that's for the completely unnecessary SIMs blue LEDs in the neck....[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Comments welcome.[/font][/size]

Edited by 72deluxe