Why become a member? ×

Five Peace band

synaesthesia

OK, I confess, my phone rings to the riff in "Spain". I'll go see Chick Corea anytime, and he always thrills. The only bass player these days who will make me get up and get tickets is Steve Swallow.

See below if interested in part Bitches Brew reunion, + Vinny C , C McBride and Kenny G (not that one)
---
Royal Festival Hall
Chick Corea & John McLaughlin Five Peace Band
With Christian McBride, Kenny Garrett & Vinnie Colaiuta

Sunday 23 November 2008, 7.30pm

John McLaughlin and Chick Corea have created some of the most explosive electric jazz of all time. They join forces for the first time since they were an essential part of the seismic days, some 40 years ago, when Miles Davis brought the language of jazz into collision with the technology of rock and funk. Their own bands of the 1970s, Mahavishnu Orchestra and Return to Forever, were further landmarks in the evolution of a post-acoustic vision of jazz. Reunited, they play music from past, present and future with a stellar band.

Kenny Garrett continues the Miles connection, the saxophonist from the trumpeter's latter-day bands; and Vinnie Colaiuta and Christian McBride are the drum and bass team providing irresistible power and groove.
book tickets

Select your preferred date and time below. If a performance is no longer available it will not be clickable.