Why become a member? ×

**TAKEN** Emu Proteus/1 and Yamaha TG55 Synth modules in 4U Rack Case

morgano

I was recently gifted an Emu Proteus/1 Sound module and a Yamaha TG55 Tone generator by a kindly keyboard player who was clearing his house of old gear in preparation for a house move.

It is equipment that he bought and used whilst working on cruises in the 80's and 90's. I took them as I thought that I might have some use for them (my partner plays keys), but it is unlikely that we are going to be able to make use of them.

They are both together in a 4U hard rack case. The Proteus has the instruction manual with it.

Now here's the (slight) rub; they are both 110/120V units so would need a step-down transformer to be used on UK mains (I can't see any voltage selection switches). eBay or Amazon should be able to help here....

I haven't powered them up (I don't have a transformer) so I can't test them, but the chap who gave them to me said they were working fine when he last used them.

I'm happy to give these (and the rack) away to anyone who can make good use of them (or knows someone who would). I'd rather they went to someone who was planning to use them rather than to just sell them on, although I don't believe they are worth very much; although back in the day they were cutting edge (oh how technology moves on!).

The recipient is welcome to collect (I'm in Trowbridge, WIltshire - near Bath/Bristol), or I can ship them at cost, as long as the shipping is covered. The total weight is around 12kg, which appears to cost about £10 with Hermes.

Here's some pics:

Edited by morgano