Why become a member? ×

Yo ho!

jaydentaku

Hi my name is Jay, i live in Newcastle.

I have been playing guitar for 17 years now and bass for 11. Strings generally for the last 20 years.

I am classically trained in guitar and played professionally for some years. I have no formal tutoring in electric guitar/bass as such, I am ropy when it comes to technique and any term that isn’t in Italian, I most likely will have trouble with.

Anyhow, I have recently co created a band (which will be my third) with a mate. We are intending to play the most thunderous and awesome ‘Doom’ and so far its sounding excellent (very Celtic Frost).

He is very accomplished and is a member of various projects, most of which are signed. He does all of the production work himself and his skills are amazing.

As you can imagine, I am feeling a little out of my dept and I have joined here to get to grips with bass speak and see what the craic is.

I currently have a Dearmond Jet star which is far too jazzy for doom and as such I am off to find the thread about pickups…..