Why become a member? ×

my guitar got nicked (reward)

Uberkate

[b]REWARD FOR MISSING ’72 REISSUE FENDER MEXICAN TELECASTER IN THREE-TONE SUNBURST [/b]

[b]£100 reward for safe return & I will pay shipping/courier costs[/b]

This guitar has great sentimental value to me. It went missing after my band played the Ponyhof club in Frankfurt on 24 April 2014. We accidentally left it behind and by the time the promoter managed to get back to the club to pick it up on Friday 9th May, it was no longer in its case. The case was in a locked room to the side of the stage, which, as far as I know, only other bands and staff would have access to.

[b]It was taken sometime between the evening of 24th April and 9th May.[/b]

My suspicion is that it was taken out of its hard-case and put into another guitar case so that whoever took it could leave without raising any questions - but of course I don’t know this for sure.

Here is the link for full spec/picture of the guitar: http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=03121114170118&gclid=CMzS3aLjob4CFSEewwodxxsAAQ

[b]Modifications and damage[/b]

There are a few modifications and unique damage that might help identify the guitar.
[list=1]
[*]The standard bridge pickup has been replaced with a [b]Seymour Duncan Little 59 humbucker. [/b]The pickup with have the SD logo on it.
[*]The standard strap buttons have been replaced with [b]chrome straplock buttons[/b]. They are more compact than the standard type.
[*]There is [b]a long crack in the lacquer[/b] where the neck meets the body of the guitar.
[*]There is [b]a ding/punch hole in the lacquer[/b] near the front-base of the guitar, below the bridge pickup ashtray cover.
[*][b]One of the volume dials is misaligned[/b], so it only turns as far as 4/5 (even though it's on full)
[/list]

This guitar does not have much resale value. If you know anything about it [b]please[/b] let me know. I am desperate to get this guitar back.

[email="[email protected]"][b][email protected][/b][/email][b] Katie Gatt on Facebook @annemodicum on Twitter[/b]