Why become a member? ×

GONE MTD 635-24, with the rare chambered 'Marilyn' option. Mint condition.
£2835

nobodysprefect

Time to simplify. I bought this new last September, and the bass is consequently in mint condition.

This bass has makore/rescued-from-lake-bottom-redwood body and a maple/ebony neck and the custom options that have the biggest sonic are the acoustic chambers that make this a 'Marilyn' and the Ghost piezo bridge.

The tone is big and round with extended lows and highs form maple, ebony and redwood that also add focus. There's a lot of material to sculpt from and the electronics are stupidly powerful with 2 magnetic and a piezo that can be blended to any mix. EQ affects piezo signal as well as magnetic pickup signal. Very, very, responsive to touch. No lack of attack or cut through the mix with this bass.

For those of us who play solos and chords from time to time: this bass has excellent balance throughout the register and is the first bass that I've had from dozens of high end basses where chord tones are in tune. The difference is dramatic when you play the first chord.

Lots of pricey options and Marilyns take a long time to get once you've put in an order.

Absolute mint condition. Edit: Now asking EUR3500 or equivalent, currently GBP2835, shipped to European destinations, MTD hard case in mint condition included, parcel size limits permitting.

More pics [url="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e46iequwf6ovpb8/5n4umI2Wsb"]https://www.dropbox....vpb8/5n4umI2Wsb[/url]

edited to add, further edited to clarify a question by the moderation: For the inevitable trade offers: If it's a more baseline MTD 635 that you'd add cash on top for this, I'm probably game. Other than that, there needs to be a substantial amount of cash.

Edited by nobody's prefect

IMO this is hands down the most desirable bass currently up for sale on this Forum. It might even be the most desirable bass that has ever been put up for sale on this forum. And for a bass of this quality and rarity the price is almost embarrassingly low. In your position I think I would simplify things somewhat differently, by selling everything else and just keeping this bass, but I guess you must have very good reasons for wanting/needing to part with it. Anyway, some lucky Basschatter is going to get a Ferrari for Fiat money - I just wish it were me!