Why become a member? ×

Ken Smith 1999 5 string burner
£1600

Sei-Dude

Hi guys,
For sale, I also have my 1999 Ken Smith burner 5 string.
This bass is awesome, the neck is to die for and the accessibility all over is great.
The bass has been set-up with a super low action and when you pick it up it plays itself and
Anyone who has a go I'm sure will agree.
These older Ken Smiths are great basses and are very well made, they aren't quite on the same level
As the newer models as they are generally built with much nicer woods, but you still get everything else.
The bass is in incredible condition for its age, but it does have a few dings here and there.
I'm not sure when it was done, but I'm sure at some point the bass has been refurbished and changed from the original lacquer/ colour coating and re-finished with a satin beeswax finish.
The sound of the bass is really something and projects the typical Ken Smith tone beautifully.

Woods.
Body - ash natural
Neck - maple
Fretboard - rosewood
Inlays - big mother of pearl
Ramp - rosewood

Hardware.
Ken Smith - tuners
Ken Smith - bridge
Shcaller - straplocks
D'addario - strings

Electronics.
Pickups - Ken Smith Jazz
Pre-amp - ken smith 9v 3 band EQ

Overall a lovely 5 string bass and I truly can't stress enough how particularly nice and fast this bass is
To play, if anyone has any questions about anything at all, please get in touch. I am also in the Guildford area, so I can meet anyone in London should it make life easier or come and play it through my 2x12 markbass if you'd like to move some air. £1600 Ono.
Thanks guys :)
Beau