Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Ibanez SR505
£295

Mr_Bond

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]For sale
Ibanez SR505, Brown Mahogany

The instrument is in fine (almost flawless) condition. Ordered online from GAK in 2009. Used for three rehearsals and four performances in a theatre pit and otherwise untouched.

The truss rod and electronics covers are still overlaid with plastic.

The only marks I can see are (1) a small mark at the top of the headstock, (2) an almost invisible 'scratch' (for want of a better word - I'm not sure it wasn't on the instrument when it left the factory) on the lower horn and (3) two small nicks on the fingerboard (these have certainly been there from the start). The front and back of the body are completely unmarked.

The strings are the original Elixirs but have I notice, become rather 'hairy' at the plucking end. I considered replacing them but have decided against compromising the good setup (the action is low, the intonation is correct).

I'm hoping to get something like £295.

I'm happy to deliver the bass within about 25 miles of home (TN22) for the approximate cost of the petrol. I could bring it to central London (on the train in a hard case) for £15. Collection in person would be fine.

I could send it by courier but may need some guidance (I haven't had to do this before).[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif] [/font][/size]

Edited by Mr_Bond

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][quote name='jimrs2k' timestamp='1395076206' post='2398373']
Hi, im based in somerset..
Do you have a hard case that you could ship it in?, if not then well wraped in bubble wrap in a gig bag ?
[/quote][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Hi there.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]I have a couple of hard cases but wouldn't want to part company with them at the moment.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]I've got guitar boxes and large (136 × 59 x 19 cm) sturdy outer containers which I would pad with bubble wrap and air bags. A look at [url="http://www.p4d.co.uk"]http://www.p4d.co.uk[/url] (I've been reading the pinned [i]Couriers & packing[/i] topic) suggests that this would cost something like £13 via City Link. It looks as if insurance might be extra.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]I'd be happy to arrange this if you want.[/font][/size]

[quote name='jimrs2k' timestamp='1395257428' post='2400381']
Hiya,
Yea let me convince the mrs that i really need it first, and i will be in touch via pm , if thats ok.

Jim.
[/quote]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]That's fine. Good luck![/font][/size]
[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif] [/font][/size]

• 2 weeks later...