Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Bass Collection SGC Nanyo SB310 series
£180

Christian Topman

I bought this bass a few years ago on account of it being so light weight. I was doing lots of travelling on a bicycle from school to school teaching. I am no longer doing that, so it just hangs on the wall.

These basses were built in Japan....I don't know why they stopped making them, but they are generally considered to be a lot of bass for not much cash.

The bass features
A great sound (if you like that 80's 90's punchy jazz bass like sound)
A very fast and slim neck
Good quality hardware and pickups
Very light weight (approx 7lbs)
Active electronics with treble and bass boost

The bass has a few knocks and dings which I have tried to picture. Missing a knob which I will replace. Currently strung with Didario Flats.

I have always thought better suited to the taller player (which I am not) on account of the very small body which makes the neck stick out further to the left.

Anyway, there it is. A perfect little slap funky machine for somebody. Im in York if you would like to try it.

[attachment=156919:IMG_0736.jpg] [attachment=156920:IMG_0737.jpg] [attachment=156921:IMG_0738.jpg] [attachment=156922:IMG_0739.jpg] [attachment=156923:IMG_0740.jpg] [attachment=156924:IMG_0741.jpg] [attachment=156925:IMG_0742.JPG] [attachment=156926:IMG_0743.jpg]

Edited by Christian Topman

• 2 weeks later...