Why become a member? ×

!SOLD! 2012 Fender American Special Precision
£500

Cfinley

Hey guys!

Got another bass up for sale, this time It's a Fender American Special P bass in Oly white (more of a cream if you ask me) with tort scratchplate. I'm a little reluctant to let this one go because I really like P basses for their tone, but for whatever reason I just can't get used to the feel of them! so I'm hoping I can give this to someone who can appreciate it more than me.

I bought this bass brand new last year and had it set up with Hipshot HB7 tuners and a tort pickguard (as opposed to the stock black pickguard). I also put on some fender flatwounds (.045 .100) a few months back, which are starting to get nice and thumpy, but I would say they still sound pretty bright for flatwound strings. the sound from this bass is pretty huge! It pretty much nails the motown sound as you would expect from a P, but it's surprisingly versatile. I've used this bass for blues, jazz, reggae, funk, rock, punk and it does them all convincingly well!

I can't say much on how it feels as I'm biased towards 'jazz' style basses, but overall I would say it's a very sturdy instrument. The neck is amazingly smooth and you're really able to dig in without the tone choking on you. I've had the action set fairly low without fret buzz and it could potentially be even lower, but either way it's certainly playable! As far as condition goes I can say that it's pretty much 'as new', no dings or scratches to be seen. It's probably spent most of it's time sitting in a gigbag and has only come out when I've needed it for various gigs and rehearsals.

I'm mainly looking to sell but if anyone has a MIJ Jazz they'd be willing to trade then that could definitely tempt me :P I'd be willing to post this to anywhere in the UK for £520 but if you want to come and collect it then you could take it for £500! I'm based in North West London. Comes with a Fender deluxe padded gig bag.

Thanks for Looking ;)

Connor

Edited by Cfinley