Why become a member? ×

SOLD ON GUMTREE Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster Pedal
£45

Stompbox

[size=5]Seymour Duncan Pedal complete with its box and the Manual/Leaflet.
In pretty well “as new” condition – very minor scuff marks on it as it has had only home use.
Really good boost pedal designed to give you a boost in your instrument level from +6db to +25db, depending where you set the knob.
It has a mini 3 way switch on the front – if you set the switch in the middle position it gives a straight clean boost . In position 1 it makes a single coil sound like a vintage humbucker, in position 2 it makes a single coil sound like a high output humbucker (this is from the Seymour Duncan leaflet).
I’m looking for £45 including signed for delivery by MyHermes signed for carrier service to UK mainland.[/size]

[i][b]Here is the official blurb from Seymour Duncan[/b][/i]

[b]Application[/b]
The first effects pedal designed specifically to work together with the pickups in a guitar
to achieve optimum gain and resonance for all tonal applications. Works with all musical styles.

[b]Description[/b]
By turning the gain control knob you can add pure, flat-EQ gain, ranging from 6dB to 25dB!
The Resonance Switch drops the resonant peak of a single coil pickup up to 5KHz, making a single coil sound like a full and fat humbucker.
Features fully discrete Class A circuitry along with true bypass.
Comes in a heavy-duty steel chassis and runs on a single 9 volt battery.

[b]Of Note [/b]
For Resonance Switch to work properly, the SFX-01 must be first in the signal chain using passive pickups and a standard guitar cable -- not a wireless unit.

[attachment=155280:PA280005.JPG] [attachment=155281:PA280002.JPG]

Edited by Stompbox

Hello there,

If you have the small switch set to the mid position then it doesn't affect the tone of the instrument,and you can use the pedal to boost the signal to the amplifier, so it would work as a level shifter for bass.

It is really aimed at guitarists - specifically at Fender players who want their Strats or Teles to sound like a Les Paul.