Why become a member? ×

Behringer VAMP MIDI demo

72deluxe

Hello everybody

Not sure if this is the correct area to post this (someone please move it if not) but I uploaded a demo of the Behringer Bass VAMP MIDI synthesiser to YouTube.

The bass VAMP has a MIDI synth in it that is only mentioned in the manual in a tiny paragraph, with references to how to activate the MIDI synth not being written anywhere (although they do put in a MIDI implementation page). You need to send MIDI controller 34 with value 14 I think (I tell you which controller to do it in the video).
It suffers a bit from a poor implementation in that the internal limiting within the device does nothing, so if you play a string of notes it'll clip, which you can probably hear.

I apologise that I have a boring droll voice and that my demo room is a mess, and I am not a keyboard player so I don't play in time, but hopefully it'll help someone, if only to have another toy to mess around with.

It might be useful for guys who are doubling as keyboard players or if you have a fancy audio to MIDI converter and want a synth sound, or you want late 80s German-sounding synths or are in a Berlin cover band haha. "Take my breath away" "BOM BOM BOM BOM DOM"

A few sounds are pretty bad (and tinny, tweeter-blowing sounds) but there is a lovely deep sound, the one I revert back to at the end of the demo.

Link: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynp1H0U5AFM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynp1H0U5AFM[/url]

Enjoy!
Rich