Why become a member? ×

GB Shuttlemax rack mount kit

thebassman

Well, according to GB the sizes are:

H= 3.5"
W= 13.5"
D= 13"

3.5" high is 2U.

So, your rack ears need to be 2U tall, approx 4" deep (guestimate based on fan position in photo) and the front faces need to be 2.75" to the bolt holes (so call it 3").

If you can't get ready made ones then just buy a cheap 2U blanking plate, cut it in half, bend at the appropriate point, drill the holes to match the coldserts on the side of the amp, trim off any excess side length (so you don't block the fan port) and enjoy. :)

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1391305823' post='2355669']
Well, according to GB the sizes are:

H= 3.5"
W= 13.5"
D= 13"

3.5" high is 2U.

So, your rack ears need to be 2U tall, approx 4" deep (guestimate based on fan position in photo) and the front faces need to be 2.75" to the bolt holes (so call it 3").

If you can't get ready made ones then just buy a cheap 2U blanking plate, cut it in half, bend at the appropriate point, drill the holes to match the coldserts on the side of the amp, trim off any excess side length (so you don't block the fan port) and enjoy. :)
[/quote]

Thanks for all the info.
I might just do that, I did a homemade job on a rack mount a few years back for one of the Boss half rack effects units. It always looked a but wonky though :-)

I might also draw it up at work on autocad and get my friendly sheet metal fab shop to make it for me.

Cheers

Thebassman

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='pockethammer' timestamp='1392461265' post='2368972']
I like this idea...... I bought a GB shuttle 9.2 & wish I'd bought ears too 'cause the amp is so lightweight it "floats" around on top of the cab.
It's 2.5 inches in height, would I only need a 1u blank plate or better with a 2u?

Cheers, J.
[/quote]

2u, if you can get them.
it would look a bit weird with 1u and would not be thick enough to cover all the mount screws.
Cheers
Thebassman