Why become a member? ×

Old Trace Acoustic TAB-100... weird behavior!

arcureo

Hi, I have an old [b]Trace Acoustic TAB-100[/b] bass combo (wooden finish version) that I'd like to sell, since I practically never use it, nowadays.
The problem is that it does something weird, from time to time… shortly after I power it up it sounds very muffled and low in volume, but if I turn it off it kinda "pops alive" for a very brief moment, before turning off completely. Its volume kinda has a spike (to the level it should have been) and then rapidly dies out (being that the amp has been switched off).
Then, if I switch it back on, immediately afterwards, it works normally, as far as I can tell.… as if the "have you tried turning it off and on again?" trick, really worked! :rolleyes: :lol:
Does anyone have [b]ANY[/b] idea of what could it be?!?
Since I'd like to sell it, I'd like it to be in good working condition, [u]without[/u] that glitch!
Does anyone know if it might be an easy-to-fix condition, or would it be so costly I shouldn't even bother and just throw it away?
Other than that, the amp seems fine, so I'd hate to throw it away… but having it lying around the house, unused, seems kinda pointless…

Thanks…!