Why become a member? ×

FS Dingwall Z1 price adjusted SOLD: Prima Artist

nobodysprefect

edit: The Prima is gone

As mentioned in above post, selling off basses I didn't think I'd ever sell. But needs must and all that.

These basses have the Novak fanned frets, which might look daunting but is actually a breeze to play. Chording is much altered, some voicings become very hard indeed while others are much easier on this one... As Sheldon puts it:'close your eyes, your fingers already know where to go.'

I'm selling my custom-built Prima Artist which has been gigged some, but the bass is in mint condition. No wear, dings, scratches, blemishes or bad mojo.
Was one of the first to have tonal chambers in the body. Has the Artist package: wafer-thin, extremely rigid 7-ply laminated neck, body made of two pieces of wood or different density for better balance between the lower and upper strings, matching laminates on pups and pot caps yadda yadda yadda. Playability and tone are amazing. Has thunder and very, very nice lead tone is readily available. Can go clanky and thuddy old-school if you want it to. Slapping tone is a modern, fusiony, tony. Very, very dynamic bass due to, I think, the bolt-on neck construction and the tonal chambers.

Price will be on the high-ish side. I've not decided on a final price yet, but I'm not going to make the sale an auction. Not sure what a new Prima Artist would be worth, but a Z2, which is a lower-tier instrument, was listed and sold at USD7k at Bass Central recently.

edit: ahh... the mandatory price. Asking EUR5.5k for it, but I'm willing to haggle.

Comes with an SKB bass safe, Dingwall gig bag, Dingwall allen wrench set and a spare set of strings. The bass is located in Finland, so it's in EU already.

The other bass is a Z1 in translucent blackburst. Also mint, it comes with the Dingwall gig bag and it's own set of DW tools. In comparison to the Prima Artist, the Z1 has a more traditional tone due to the body being alder and fingerboard maple. This has a pick tone to die for, and the grittier slap tone is fantastic. My choice for a slapper's bass between these two. The Z1 is in mint condition, no blemishes of any kind.

As regards the Z1 price, I'm willing to let it go for less than the Prima Artist. No auctions this time either. edit:I think a GBP3.5k would be a decent price?

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have!

Edited by nobody's prefect

That would be the statistician's guess for Z or Prima DWs...

edit: the implied punchline would be something about the accuracy of statistics, I'm sure you can think of better ones than I. :S not good at joking am I

Edited by nobody's prefect