Why become a member? ×

SOLD now sold SWR BABY BLUE MONITOR
£250

jdstrings

The time has finally come to clear out some gear that I no longer use....

[attachment=147341:swr.jpg]

This is the highly regarded and sought after SWR Baby Blue Monitor speaker cabinet. These are really quite rare and are considered to be top quality units. They are often described with words such as 'studio quality' and 'reference'... It was made when SWR were a much less well known 'boutique' company.
It features 2x 8" and 1x 4" drivers. Serial number is 0030.

This is the original version (produced in the early 1990s) featuring Bag End speakers and a rating of 200w at 8 ohms.

I gigged this cab for about 2/3 years, mainly on double bass, in the late 90s but since then it has been hiding in various lofts. When I purchased it (from a well known London sound engineer) it was 'as new' -I don't think he'd ever gigged it, just used it for practice at home so it's had an easy life.

The two reasons I stopped using it were:
1. I picked up a FLITE cab on a trip to America which I preferred simply because it was far lighter!
2. The 4" speaker blew.

I have recently replaced the 4" speaker with a Stage Line 60w PA Midrange speaker. This may not be the ideal replacement but it does the job and I include the original Bag End 4" driver for repair if desired. There is information out there on the web re. other options.

The two 8" speakers are original and appear to be in excellent condition.

The cab itself is in good order -there is some wear to the plastic corners but the carpet covering, grill and handle are in good condition.

Measurements are:

h 58cm
w 36cm
d 31cm
weight -I believe it is a little over 30lbs

The cab is in Kent but I am often up in London and travel to various other random spots so I may be able to deliver or arrange a meet up.

£250 seems reasonable? but am open to offers.....

Here's what SWR say:

[b]BABY BLUE MONITOR[/b]

Introduced in 1990 primarily for use as an extension speaker for the Baby Blue Combo (or as part of a modular system with the Electric Blue) the Baby Blue Monitor was the "speaker enclosure only" section of the popular Baby Blue combo.

[b]Impedance:[/b] 8 ohms
[b]Power Handling Capacity:[/b] 200 watts RMS
Two 8" Bagend drivers
One Bagend Cone Tweeter
[b]Production Period:[/b] 1990 to 1993
[b]Final Retail Price:[/b] $559.00

Edited by jdstrings