Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR500 TRADED
£250

6v6

Hi All,

Edit: Wow it was nearly a year ago I posted this, and I didn't bump as the SR is so nice I'm tempted to keep it, but it's been very rarely used thus time to have another go at swapping it for something I'll maybe use more frequently.

Up for sale or trade, my trusty SR500, brown mahogany model - not sure of the year exactly (can probably dig out the receipt if needed), but it's one of the slightly earlier models without the switchable mid-boost. I bought it new from Guitar Village in Farnham, but for the first few years it was very little used (until recently I was mainly a guitarist..!), hence it's in very good condition.

The only dings are a tiny chip on the top of the headstock, a small mark on the top bout of the body, and some very minor marks on the front and back (from belt and my thumb respectively), minor stuff though, overall it's in great condition.

See my [url="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p15wssq5xp3fnei/zKmkiEAyR3"]dropbox album[/url] for photos, I've tried to show all of the minor marks, but dodgy phone camera so apologies the quality is not great, I'll try to take some more later in better light.

As most of you will know, these are fantastic instruments, mellow p-bass tones on the neck pickup, and plenty of bite from the bridge pickup or any blend between the two.

It's got Bartaloni MK1 pickups, with active electronics, 3-band EQ, volume and pickup blend control. It sounds really good, and the playability is better than almost any other bass I've tried, really slim, comfortable neck, super low action, and very light.

I'm only selling because I've got a P-bass which covers my 4-string gigging needs better at the moment (doesn't play as well as the SR though!).

It's currently strung with TI flats, which sound great and very mellow, or I can put some rounds on it if you prefer.

Asking £220 for straight sale, or possible trades are as follows (plus/minus a little cash depending on the deal, open to other trade ideas so just PM me with offers):

- Something with 5 strings (5 string SR, Jazz, Yammaha BB or open to other 5 string offers)
- Something fretless (probably 4 strings, but open to offers)
- An entry level EUB
- A tube preamp (either pedal or rack but must be capable of driving a power-amp directly)
- Interesting 6 string guitars (electric or acoustic) or (tube) amps

I'll provide a Guitar Village branded gigbag for it, and I'd prefer collection/meetup (Hampshire/Surrey/London), although shipping could be possible if the buyer covers the cost and I can find a suitable box/case for it.

Edited by 6v6

• 11 months later...

Bump, can't believe I posted this nearly a year ago, but post edited to reflect current trade possibilities as it's time to swap this for something I'll use more regularly.

Also price dropped to £220 for a straight sale.