Why become a member? ×

Marshall VBA 400 *S O L D*
£450

davekent

Right,

This has just come into my possession via a trade, from a gigging friend who owns two VBAs

[b]Marshall VBA 400[/b]
[size=4]400w 4/2ohm all valve bass amplifier[/size]
Has been gigged, but in good condition, inc 12 new valves and a service.

"[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=2]The VBA400 has the massive tonal power of eight 6550 power tubes, plus three ECC83 and one ECC82 in the preamp section. The front panel controls are kept simple, but still offers a lot of tonal variation with the three-band passive EQ and 'Contour' control. Tuning your bass during a set is also made easier with the addition of the 'Tuner Mute' switch that cuts all sound to the speaker cabinets and DI output, while still feeding sound to the dedicated tuner output."[/size][/font][/color]

[b][i]BUT[/i][/b]

The output transformer is fried - so need's replacing. The tech it's been with has isolated the problem to this one part, nothing else is wrong with it (and has been serviced/all valve replaced at the same time).

[i][b]Why am I selling?[/b][/i]
I have very nice SVT 3 Pro, that i'm just getting to grips with and don't fancy lugging around another large valve amp (even though it's immense sounding).

So, as it's currently not working.. and they tend to sell on here for about £650+. [size=4]I've had a quote for a transformer rewind at £200, thats without shopping around/buying a new one/sourcing a used part etc.[/size]

[i][b]£425 ono[/b][/i]

[i]or Trades?[/i]

Collection only from Plymouth, Devon.

Edited by davekent

• 2 weeks later...