Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD - MIM Fender Jazz Deluxe 2002/3 - Candy Apple Red with Tort Guard and Rosewood Board - £345
£345

dustandbarley

Hello,
I just took this in a trade, and would like to move it on.

[color=#021EAA][font=Courier][size=2][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][u][url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/219381-fender-jazz-bass-deluxe-2005-with-fender-gig-bag-mim-near-mint-with-sound-clip/"]HERE[/url][/u][/font][/size] - [color=#000000][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]is the link to the previous Basschatter's for sale advert (has youtube clip)[/font][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color]

[u][b]MIM Fender Jazz Deluxe 2002/3 Serial Number MZ2058574 Candy Apple Red, Tort Guard and Rosewood Board[/b][/u][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] - [/font][/color][u][b]£345 [/b][/u][u][b]+ postage[/b][/u]
[u][b]No trades thanks[/b][/u]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It looks to me as though it has John Suhr designed pickups. I whipped one of the covers off and they are side by side hum-buckers (E,A string then D,G string). I knew John Suhr single pole pickups were used on early USA Deluxe models and guess that the pickups in this bass are similar versions designed for MIM Deluxe Jazzes of this era. I had a quick google and found a few pics of the same model (same colour, year, MIM, and these big pole pickups). Like the USA Deluxes' this has a 3 band Active E.Q with 1x vol and pickup pan controls. [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I've had a MIM jazz a few years ago and was pretty indifferent to it, but this is way better. Nice feel, easy to play and the Pickups / Active Electronics give great tones.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass has been well cared for as there are very few marks other than some of the lacquer has lifted on the headstock, so it looks a bit matt in places. None of the lacquer has flaked off, its just lifted - tried to capture in the photo below.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The Bass weights just over 8 pounds. (not the best scales - sorry)[/font][/color]

A lot of bang for your buck.

Big single pole pickups

Well cared for

Headstock

Serial Number

The lacquer on the headstock

Slide Show
[media]http://www.flickr.com/photos/67929025@N00/sets/72157636541943613/[/media]

If you know more about this model, in particular the single pole pickups, please feel free to enlighten.
You are welcome to come and have a go - located in Ashford Kent.

Thanks for looking

Edited by dustandbarley