Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Euphonic Audio (EA) CXL112 12" Bass cabinet
£360

morgano

I'm in the process of clearing out a few items of gear that I have not been using much recently, and this [b]EA CXL112[/b] is one of them!

Now a discontinued model, some people think these are the best cabinets EA made. Owned by myself from new.
This is the later lightweight (L) model, which is a few pounds lighter than the original model. It also has the embossed 'EA' logos each side, which EA discontinued on later models (probably to reduce costs).
It is in very good condition. Cosmetically there are minor marks here and there but no chips to the finish or dents in the grill. The finish is a tough black coating (I think it is called 'Nubtex'). The lighting in the photos is making it appear lighter than it actually is.
There is a standard speaker 'top hat' mount on the underside so that it can be used on a speaker pole if desired. There is also a flip-out 'tilt-back' handle that raises the front of the cabinet off the floor by a couple of inches.
Very loud for its size! Handles a low B no problem. They are also a very 'sensitive' speaker i.e. you get more dB per Watt than is usual for this type of cab.
As these have a very flat frequency response, EA also recommends them for acoustic guitar, keyboards etc. etc.

Specs:[list]
[*]Custom Kevlar 12" with a 1" High Efficiency Phenolic Compression Driver
[*]Tweeter Level Control located on rear connection panel
[*]Frequency Response: 38Hz to 14kHz
[*]Sensitivity: 103dB @ 1m
[*]Sound Pressure Level: 128dB @ 1m
[*]Power Handling: 350 watts (continuous unclipped power)
[*]Impedance: 8 ohm
[*]Connection: One Speakon, One 1/4" Jack
[*]Size: 19"H x 17"W x 15"D
[*]Weight: 44 lbs (20 kg)
[*]Made in USA
[/list]
I can ship by courier (Fedex to UK mainland £10), although the buyer is welcome to collect (I'm in Trowbridge, Wiltshire) or arrange their own courier if preferred.

Edited by morgano

• 5 weeks later...