Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: KSD 706 6 string jazz bass SOLD
£600

Dvisions

Up for sale and for trade is my KSD 706 6 string jazz bass.
I never thought I'd sell this bass, but as my band aren't playing songs that require 6 strings any more, it feels like a little bit of a waste to just retiring it to bedroom use only.
I bought this from talkbass back in 2011. It's a pretty rare version of the 706 line (of which there are numerous slightly different models) as it came with a brass nut as standard and I haven't been able to find another that's had one since. Also the neck is made from Canadian maple, although I'm not sure how much difference that actually makes!
I upgraded the tuning machines to Warwick ones, as the old ones weren't cutting it, and I also got the bass routed to fit EMG 45 dcs in, as well as space for two 9v batteries round the back, but it has Nordstrand big singles in now, wired passively, which sound bloody amazing.
This bass has been on numerous tours, gigs and also a few video shoots with me, so its definitely in a worn state with quite a few dings, but nothing that affects playability.
String spacing is 17mm. Scale length is 35". Weighs around 10 pounds, so pretty light for a 6 string jazz.

Because of all the upgrades and sentimental value, I don't really want anything less than £550 for it.
As far as trades go, I'd be after a 5 string jazz bass, something like an American Deluxe Fender, or a Sandberg tm5, with cash your way obviously.

Here's a video of her when she had EMG DCs.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h86AKvPNfPs[/media]

Cheers,
Dave

Edited by Dvisions

Why not just keep it?!

I play my 6 string with all bands that use a 5 string range, even if I barely touch the C (think I use it on one track for an octave, and sometimes throw it in but nothing on record)

Unless you've got something else on the way?

Either way, lovely bass! All the best with sale, oh and just so everyone knows, Visions are EPIC!

I've found over the years of playing live that if I don't actually need something for the set, such as extra pedals on my pedalboard or, in this case, an extra string haha, its just another thing that can go wrong or get in the way! Simplicity is key for me.

Thank you for the compliment dude :)