Why become a member? ×

SADOWSKY UV70 5 string VS moderne M5-24

baloubass45

Hi, I own a couple of Sadowsky NYC basses, have owned a Metro, and have also tried out quite a few examples, so I'll tell you what I can.

The two basses you've shown there are a UV70, as you said, and a Standard 5, which is a slightly different bass to the M5-24.

Here's some pics from [url="http://www.sadowsky.com"]Sadowsky Website[/url]

UV70

M5-24

Standard 5

Each model has the Sadowsky preamp, and you have options of ash or alder for the body, and maple or rosewood for the fingerboard.

The UV70 is different in that it has a full sized Jazz body, block markers on the fingerboard, and the bridge pickup is a little closer to the bridge, in the 70's position. Pickups are humcancelling J/J, and the neck is 21 frets.

The Standard model has a 7/8 size body, with the bridge pickup in the 60's position, which is a little further from the bridge than the 70's. Again, pickups are humcancelling J/J, and the neck is 21 frets. The Vintage series is pretty much the same bass, only with a pickguard and the Jazz style control plate.

The M5-24 (maple fingerboard) and R5-24 (rosewood fingerboard) have a slightly different body shape again, closer to the 7/8 size. Pickups are two Sadowsky soapbars, and the neck has 24 frets.

The UV70, Standard and Vintage models are based on a Jazz sound, with a slightly more moderntwist because of the preamp. The Modern model is a bit more aggressive sounding to my ears, and starts to move away from a typical Jazz tone. All have a very usable tone though, and comfort wise, they're great, as long as you like Fender style instruments. The thing I always like to point out on my basses is the fretwork, which is incredible. It's a small issue, I guess, but it's of such an amazing standard that I think it's worth noting.

Edited by bassaussie