Why become a member? ×

Overwater Custom Jazz Bass
£1850

SteveJ

Very reluctantly for sale.

My custom made Overwater J series. Built in 2011 for me after a couple of visits to see Chris and the team at the workshop in Carlisle.

The pictures show the bass during final assembly on the bench. It has been very lightly used as I have played double bass in nearly all my gigs since collection of the Overwater and the recent purchase of a better DB means I need to recoup some cash. The bass is unique, the 12th fret abalone markers in the shape of 2 bass clefs are unique. The bass is fitted with Eastman electronics and is described by Chris as being active/passive.

[attachment=142126:Picture 003.jpg]

[attachment=142127:Picture 005.jpg]

[attachment=142128:Picture 007.jpg]

The bass is strung with Rotosound round wound strings. It is totally unmarked and comes in a new Hiscox hard case. Schaller strap-locks are fitted.

I would be happy to take a sale at very close to £1850 (reduced to £1750) or would consider a trade for a tidy Fender USA Jazz or Precision plus cash my way. Trades for other basses of interest considered but I don't need amps. The bass is in Whitby, North Yorkshire. I can deliver to the North of England Midlands or arrange insured carriage upon negotiation.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Steve

Edited by SteveJ