Why become a member? ×

Good Bass player plus vocals seeking a Dorset Band!!

The Badderer

Been playing in a fun covers band for the last few years, but band mates really aren't very motivated and I want to play gigs and write material with some like minded people. Happy playing pub / rock venue gigs, but would like to move up to playing some of the outdoors events and festivals around Dorset.

Got my own gear. Happy with my sound, but also in an experimenting with pedals phase to find more variety and distinctive sounds, but I use them sensitively as I am aware as to how annoying a bass player sticking on various pedals every couple of minutes can be.

Sing decent backing vocals. I did music at Uni and have been playing cello since I was 4, so I can adapt to pretty much most things and have a very good ear.

Styles I enjoy: Blues - Blues Rock... Jeff Healey, Crossroads, Stevie Ray Vaughan, stuff from Hendrix, Stones, classic rock all the way through to Foo Fighters, Artic Monkeys, QOTSA, RATM, SOAD. Enjoy playing some fun rock stuff like Poison / Queen. Happy playing pretty much anything, but those are styles I already am pretty happy with.

I haven't really been stretched much as a bass player or had time to do practice as I have been giving up pretty much all my spare time to do youth work, but that is changing and I will learn new things very quickly.

Thought I'd post this out and see if anyone was looking as I've not found any stuff in Dorset recently. I would travel from Ringwood and Christchurch - Wareham and Possibly Dorchester distance if it was the right thing, but I am local to Poole and Bournemouth.