Why become a member? ×

*****SOLD**** Fretless jazz Jaco copy
£140

Hi Folks,

Okay-tough one to price so any opinions welcome, would rather they were kept to pm's though ! 😊

So....I bought/commissioned this a few yrs ago from a chap in Manchester via eBay. He used to sell a lot of copy j's and p's and this was the second one I had off him.

Basically it is what it is....a copy of a fender fretless a la Jaco! As far as I recall the squire version hadnt been released then so it was my way of getting something's half decent and at a decent price. I can't really give you any info about woods etc as in truth I don't really know! The neck is maple/rosewood and has been defretted and filled...very well....has a Matt finish, std slim jazz profile and plays really well. Open gear elephant -no brand- tuners.
The body is 3 TS as per the photos. The routing around the neck pup together with the scratchplate screw holes are where I assumed the original was before it was taken off as opposed the the squire versions that have routing around the neck pup that was never meant to be covered by a scratchplate lol!

The pups it came with were weak so I put a pair of Duncan designed pups in off a
VMJ about 12 months ago. It's strung now with flats and tbh sounds really good. Well balanced, everything works!

Selling as a) I simply don't use it, and B) I have to realise some cash!
In terms of price, I really am unsure. I paid (I think) around £180, then the flats and the pups. I think that £140 is reasonable but I guess any interest, or lack of!, will show that!
The price is excluding postage and tbh I'd rather collection so any prospective buyer can try it out. That said I'm happy to post at cost if required. I live 2 mins from jct21 of the m1, near Leicester.

Any questions please ask! As I said earlier though, if they relate to the price please can
You make them via pm?
Photos attached and if you need any others please let me know
Cheers
Matt

Edited by the hand of john curley

Intonation/tuning? Have you gigged it? If so, how was it? I have tried the new squier and really wasn't all that impressed with it....is this worth a spin? Looking for a second bass (fretless) to give me some options and a JB was really what I was thinking about. Where you based?