Why become a member? ×

TBX Control

Been looking at this TBX control, seems pritty standard.
Ive been playing around with G&L Tone Controls what is the same as the TBX just not in one control
think they also changed the values, L&G used 500K with 22nF and Bass C1M with 2n2F

I can copy the POT i think by mixing two POTS, Dual 500K and a 1M (not sure what they are ABC!, i would guess A500K but i dont know for the 1M as G&L seem to be the only ones to play around with a C1M, but i did read you could use a A500K in place of the C1M on the G&L)
But I cant make one with Dual Controls, so how good is it to be able to roll one off and increasing the other.

Just thinking DUAL pot each with there own controls, so A500K tap the Centre, so one side has a 500K resister and the other nothing and a switch so you select between the two, would mean one way you would be turning 500K-1M and the other way you would be turning 500K-0, but adding a switch (push/pull volume pot!)

Still thinking of a way to make it within one POT like the TBX, feel tho i could easy copy it with a 1M Dual and a 500K Dual and Mixing the Boards over
I dont know what type of Pot the TBX uses, i believe the values are 1M and 500K but i think i read that some were. XXX Edited by AngelLaHash