Why become a member? ×

Ashdown MiBass Interface and Agile Ampkit

Mr Fretbuzz

I've got the Ampkit app on my iPad and I've bought the Ashdown amp. I've also put my Band set list in the backing tracks. If I get the Interface, do you think I'll be able to plug my bass in, choose a set list piece and play along, record, save and post etc?

Useful set up, do you think? Thought it might be useful to take on holiday with a short scale bass :-)

• 1 month later...

Ordered it in June and it arrived today. Not particularly happy with it. £130 or thereabouts. The casing has various marks over it. It works with the Ampkit App but I tried it with the free Fender app and the paid for David Ellefson app but they didn't work properly... There was a delay on the bass coming through like an echo. It is quite useful plugged into headphones for quiet practice and you can play along to your iTunes and set list playlist etc. it won't play on the iPad speakers. I plugged a lead from the headphones out socket into my fender 15 practice amp and the song came through loud but the bass coming through wasn't so that didn't work properly. It wouldn't work on a bluetoothed speaker from my iPad. The utube shows it playing outside headphones through the DI Out socket, which I thought was for a PA .

I think I'll stick to using my IPad plugged into my Fender practice amp and I can plug headphones in there for quiet practice anyway. For me, it will only be useful maybe in bed or if I was at a hotel or something which is rare or maybe lunchtime practice in work.

It might be good for recording into garage band or something but I don't do that. It might be good for playing out of a PA ... But would you play out of an iPad or wouldn't you take your main rig for that?

Not convinced personally. Could have bought a decent pedal instead :-(