Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Replacement Handle for Rare Custom Shop Rumble Bass Cab - how to order one ?

Nostromo

Hi,

Am wondering if anyone can help me with this frustrating "spare part supply" problem.

I've got an original Fender Custom Shop Rumble Bass cab from the 1990's in very good condition except that one of the carry handles is missing.

I've been searching everywhere on line to try and order a replacement handle but frustratingly have not been able to get a part number for the handle I need (there is nothing printed on the other handle at all) or been able to identify who makes them ?

Through my research I have found that fender used these handles quite a lot in their Custom Shop Cab range in the 90's. Also, Dynacord currently use exactly the same size/design of handle (presumably supplied by the same manufacturer as fender must have used) except that the current dynacord handles are black where as the Fender ones were Brown. Obviously I'd like to source a brown one to keen my cab original.

I've added a few pictures to highlight the predicament and any advice as to who makes and might supply these handles and where I could order the handle I need would be very very much appreciated.

Must confess I've almost driven myself mad searching for this handle and am about to give up - which will be a great shame as its a lovely cab in fabulous condition for its age and must be quite rare.

So, here is the cab (you can see the missing handle recess) :-

[attachment=134099:Rumble Cab Front View.jpg]

[attachment=134100:nsmail-21.jpg]

Here is the other handle - so its one of these I'm trying to find :-

[attachment=134102:Rumble Bass Cab Handle.jpg]

Interestingly I have identified that Dynacord use the same type of handles, except theirs are black with their logo on them, here is a photo of a current Dynacord speaker with the same design handle

[attachment=134101:dynacord- handle.jpg]

Any help very very very much appreciated ! ! !

Edited by Nostromo

Hi Bertbass,

Many thanks mate . . . you are spot on . . . it seems the handles I've got on this old Fender Cab are Penn-Elcom Type H1024.

As you've spotted and mentioned, all the ones on line seem to be Black . . . .

Does anyone know if these are available anywhere in Brown . . .

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if fender have a "spare parts" contact number or point of contact ?. . . . maybe Fender hold spares for their products - most firms do ? . . .

Someone somewhere must have a Brown Penn-Elcom Type H1024 Fender cab handle in their spare parts store ? ? ?

Thanks,