Why become a member? ×

Peavey Unity Bass

markbunney

I've had one of these for about 15 years and it was my first half decent bass after my Encore P copy starter bass.

I've been surprised at how little it has held its value over the years. For a USA made neck thru body bass i would have thought it would be worth more than the £200 or so that they seem to make second hand.

Mine currently needs the pick ups and bridge putting back on (i had grand ambitions of upgrading it but never got round to it) and i was considering selling it, but once it has had a set up and new strings etc it doesnt really seem worth bothering for the amount it would make.

Has anyone else had one of these or had experience with one? What do/did you think of it.

I've had a good look round here and on the net but can't find a great deal of info about them. So can only assume they were not too popular.

Edit:

Well, here she is! Retrieved from my parents house.

I am going to attempt to get her up and running again. Needs a new nut, the pickups reseating and a good clean. I'm optimistic that all the electronics still work!

Hopefully will be gigging with it soon :)

Edited by markbunney

I've just had a look at some pics on google images and listened to a youtube demo, and for what I can gather from from that it's a stunning looking and sounding instrument. I think if it was mine it wouldn't be going anywhere for 200 squids.

• 3 weeks later...