Why become a member? ×

More power for Line6 Studio Pro110

2wheeler

I hope someone can put me right on this.

I have a Line6 Studio Pro110 which is very dinky, has some great sounds and is surprisingly loud for such a small package. But it's not THAT loud. The instruction manual talks about taking a line out after the pre-amp to a PA for gigs but I want to know if there's a sensible way to get a bit more welly without a PA. Ideally something fairly simple and cost effective. I want something with plenty of bass but it doesn't need to be sophisticated.

There seem to be things called powered cabinets. Is that what I need? Or can I take the post pre-amp signal to another, bigger combo? Or do I need a separate power amp?

Many thanks in advance...

I'm no expert by any means but the powered cabs I've seen have just been the PA equivalent of a combo - where the amp (and sometimes the mixer too) is built into the speaker cabinet.

Essentially what you'll need is another power amp and a larger speaker cabinet.

If you want a one-box solution, then you could do this with either a powered cab, or a larger bass combo (with a power amp in, or effects return in, or similar).... but then with a larger bass combo you would have the ability to run without the 110 - whereas the powered cab would most likely need to run off either the preamp out of your 110, or a separate DI box of some description.

As to what would be best for your needs, then I guess that would depend on what sort of volume levels you need, what sort of music you play, and what sort of budget you're looking at.....

Edited by stoo