Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Laney HCM120B - what to do with it?

EliasMooseblaster

A few of you may have noticed that I recently blew the dust off the Laney Nexus Tube thread. Gassing quite hard for one, but if I do buy a new amp then a couple will have to go.

One that will have to go is a Laney HardCoreMax-120B. It's seen active service for about 11 years now, and despite the daft name it's been a really great amp. 120W, 1x15 combo that's coped with everything from small pub gigs to the Covent Garden Arts Theatre. (It even did a live appearance on BBC Radio Wales with me!)

Unfortunately, last summer it started playing up. From what I can gather, it sounds like the output transistors have failed, as when I switch it on I get nothing but a constant DC hum. Which makes it a bit more difficult to sell.

[b]So:[/b] if anybody knows how to fix such a problem and would like to buy it off me, then make yourself known. I'd have liked to get £100 or so if it were working; will obviously take lower offers now it isn't!

[b]Alternatively:[/b] if anybody can recommend a repair shop in London (even if it's your own) that can fix this problem for a good price, in order that I can sell a working amp, any suggestions are most welcome.