Why become a member? ×

** SOLD ** Ken Smith BSR6EG Limited Edition ** SOLD**
£3150

Acebassmusic

[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial]Up for sale is my Ken Smith BSR6EG Limited Edition 6 string. The serial number shows it was number 3 of 8 limited edition basses that Ken made. Here’s a link to his website: [url="http://www.kensmithbasses.com/models/limitededition/3_8_limitededition.html"]http://www.kensmithb...tededition.html[/url][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial]It completed manufacture in Sept 2001 and I bought it in April 2004. I used it exclusively for the first 5 years and then started to get back into 5'ers. It has been gigged (as it should be!) and its condition is at least 9.5 out of 10! I have taken great care of it and can only find very minor marks / swirls where your hand goes….so minor I couldn’t photo them. This is an exceptional bass in build, looks, condition, sound, playability etc. It needs a new home and someone to play it regularly![/font][/color]

[font=Arial][color=#000000]Heres the specs:[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=#000000]Highly Figured Tiger Maple Top & Back[/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=#000000]Body - walnut core with mahogany laminates
7-piece maple / bubinga through neck
Ebony headstock overlay[/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=#000000]High gloss finish[/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=#000000]Gold hardware[/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=#000000]Smith 9v active electronics – vol, pan, bass, mid, treble[/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=#000000]Series / parallel switch for each pickup[/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=#000000]6 string – 34” scale[/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=#000000]Nut width – 54mm[/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=#000000]Width at 12[sup]th[/sup] fret – 79mm[/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=#000000]Weight 11lbs / 5kgs[/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=#000000]It comes with the original Smith hard case (in very good condition) and a Smith strap.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=#000000]In 2001 the bass sold new for $6,600. After inflation, the equivalent price today would be[/color][color=#222222] about $8,500! As it is a collectors item and limited I’m looking for £3,150 o.n.o plus shipping. Payment would be by cash or bank transfer before shipment. I might be interested in trades, 5 strings only….try me. [/color][/font]

[color=#222222][font=Arial]I would prefer collection but as I live in Aberdeen that’s going to be a problem to most buyers so I am willing to courier. I have shipped similar basses, insured within the UK for approx £60. Overseas shipping would have to be agreed first.[/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial]I have traded a number of basses on this site and E-bay and have excellent feedback for both – see my signature for links. Any questions you have, please ask away.[/font][/color]

Now for the pics....[/size]

I might just regret this...... :(

Edited by Acebassmusic