Why become a member? ×

Gallien Krueger RB400 £250 delivered SOLD

nickytheafghan

GK RB 400 for sale, PERFECT condition, just been fully serviced, will get better pics up soon as I only now realise I only took photos of my settings!

This amp, as I'm sure I don't need to tell you, is all that and a bag of chips. It sounds HUGE and can be driven loud and clean or loud and dirty with the renowned GK growl.

Only selling because I bought the 700RB off the back of owning this and now I have 3 amps!

This is the american model and I will include the step up step down converter in the sale at no extra charge, these are quite pricey themselves!

I can only seem to find one place selling them to get a gauge on price and that's musicians friend at $400 yank dollars and on Thomann at just shy of £350 so for us UK folk I think £250 inc postage is a fair COP as it is essentially 'as new' think of it this way it's just under £1 a watt haha!

Feedback here:

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/192637-feedback-for-nickytheafghan/

Any questions or interesting trades feel free, this is a belter of an amp!

Specs

• 280 watts (4 ohms)
• Active 4-band EQ
• Adjustable contour,presence & 4/5 string voicing
• Boost (Valve Effect)
• Effects loop, tuner out with mute
• XLR out with level, ground lift& pre/post switch
• Speakon & 1/4″ outputs
• 19”W x 3.5”H x 8”D (2 space)
• 16.5 lbs.

Here's what GK say;

GK’s RB Series bass amplifiers have been setting the standard for over two decades. Inside these compact, lightweight ‘superstructures’ is the most advanced bass circuitry available. In 1972, Bob Gallien developed what he calls G.I.V.E. Technology (Gate Induced Valve Effect). This ‘valve effect’ is integrated into the design of all RB Series heads and is part of what gives them their distinct sound. The RB Series heads deliver a warm, punchy tone with a fast transient response that not only sounds better, it feels better. GK’s renowned voicing filters and intuitive four band active EQ make it simple to dial in a great sound. Every day thousands of players around the world in arenas, clubs and basements plug into GK heads because they love that sound

Edited by nickytheafghan

I used to have one of these for 5 years and only sold it when I went through a valve phase a couple of years ago!

If I was looking for a modular rig again, the RB400 is exactly what I'd start with. Great GK tone in a small package with all the bells and whistles associated with top quality touring heads.

Truckstop

Thanks for the added promotion!

It is a belting head, I've just left my valve head phase and I have to say this RB line is incredible. I prefer it to my previous valve amp actually, it's so much more versatile. It packs one hell of a punch but also performs beautifully quiet. Tone wise it delivers a world of incredible sounds.

Never been this happy with an amp since my Yamaha BBT500h.

Hmm very tempting as I would love to hear the mb series, these seem to be around £120 second hand, but I'm really looking for a more powerful amp that goes to 2ohm. Pm me an offer though the right deal could easily sway me!!

Edited by nickytheafghan

Can't believe this is still for sale!

Beast of an amp with one hell of a sound,

Lent it to my mate who plays with order of voices the other week for practice he didn't take it past 1 an absolutely loved it!

Also this has been fully serviced by Bedford Guitars just 2 weeks ago!

Edited by nickytheafghan