Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Danny Thompson signature strings, well used - £40

Rabbie

I was very lucky to have the chance to try these Danny Thompson signature strings, produced by Elite (Bass Centre), before they formally went on sale. I needed a steel string for a certain kind of sound and I found them excellent for my purposes. They have done about 20 gigs and recorded a whole album and I am happy with the results. They have been on my very dark ply for 7 months and succeeded in making it sound punchy and brighter, but now my flirtation with steels is over. So, I'd like to pass them on to whoever would like to try them, for a relatively small price, before deciding to pay the full whack for them (I believe they are on sale now for £145). As steels, there's still plenty life in them.
They are what I would describe as medium tension, easy to play. Dimensions are more or less like your average steel strings (spiro, helicore, etc). Not as bright and growly as Spiros, but still unmistakably steel strings. Danny Thompson uses them, and there are a lot of Danny fans around, justifiably so as his sound is truly legendary.
I don't believe in keeping things in a drawer so selling for £40 posted (in the UK).

Edited by Rabbie