Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Korg A5 Bass Pedal not working - Any help?

coffee_king

Hey all
This was donated to me yesterday and its not working.
Ive got the correct power unit for it, but all that happens is the Reverb red light comes on and part of the Bank/Value led lights up. When you plug in a bass nothing happens.

When you press various pedals, slide switches, turn knobs, nothing happens. Any suggestions?
I know its a bit of a long shot but I thought it might be worth asking some questions before binning it.

Thanks

[attachment=127053:Korg-a5-bass-pedal-photo-1.JPG]

On this second image it looks like the thing on the bottom left should attach somewhere maybe to the other circuit board? Also you will see a little nut next to it, that was rattling around in the A5 and looks like it might connect to that thing.

[attachment=127054:Korg-a5-bass-pedal-photo-2.JPG]

[attachment=127055:Korg-a5-bass-pedal-photo-3.JPG]

Edited by shippo

That dangling thing is a voltage regulator.

It would have been bolted to a piece of metalwork somewhere - the metalwork acts as a heatsink.

Unfortunately, that's not going to be your problem solved - if that was the problem then the unit wouldn't even power up.

It looks to me that someone has had a go at repairing it, given up and not reassembled it fully.