Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz vs Squier Jazz - what's the difference

KingMacca

Hi My penny's worth.
Just bought an unmarked 2014 second hand Squier Jazz bass and a Stagg gig bag and strap (WOW) for £130. Not as good as my '82 Jazz when practicing but when playing using a compressor, and a decent stack in a fun venue, only the purist could tell the difference. "I have money and I will show how authentic I am" attitude I fear.
J

[quote name='wambamalubop' timestamp='1484591278' post='3216612']
I just talked to a vendor and they thought that the MIA Jazz I bought in 2000 would sell for as much as £850 if I sold it privately which is £150 more than I paid for it.

I don't think that it would sway my decision in buying a guitar, but its nice to know that if you had to you have an asset that you can cash in later. Its a free bass if you think about it.
[/quote]

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1357768207' post='1928230']
I've owned a standard Squier Jazz made in Indonesia in 2001, a Japanese Squier Jazz bass made in 1994, A Geddy Lee Fender Jazz Bass made in Japan in 2004, and a 62 reissue Fender Jazz bass also made in Japan in 1996. Both the Squiers were the equal of the Fenders in feel and sound. And there wasn't much between them when you compared quality of construction. These days most Squiers and Fenders are made with computerised lathes, so you can make them anywhere in the world you can transport your machinery. The biggest difference is price and that is down to labour costs - you can pay a worker in Indonesia or China a lot less than you would in Japan or the States.
[/quote]

You can't lose with MIJ Fender or Squires are both cool.

Blue

Edited by blue