Why become a member? ×

Pedal is electrocuting me

Stroopy121

Ahoy!

I've purchased a tube preamp pedal from a fellow BCer. I've contacted him to ask if he has known of any previous issues, the item was reasonably well packaged but I'd assume there was damage in transit.

The details:

I plug her in with no ins or outs connected and it's all fine. No earthing issues that I can see and the on/off switch isn't live. Then, when I plug anything into a channel out, the connector goes live and zaps me, as does the on/off switch.

Also, when the pedal is inactive and I give the pedal a tap, the status LED flickers.

Is this a common thing with tube pedals?? Am I doing something retarded here or is the kit borked?

xx

[quote name='Stroopy121' timestamp='1356196033' post='1907865']
Ahoy!

I've purchased a tube preamp pedal from a fellow BCer. I've contacted him to ask if he has known of any previous issues, the item was reasonably well packaged but I'd assume there was damage in transit.

The details:

I plug her in with no ins or outs connected and it's all fine. No earthing issues that I can see and the on/off switch isn't live. Then, when I plug anything into a channel out, the connector goes live and zaps me, as does the on/off switch.

Also, when the pedal is inactive and I give the pedal a tap, the status LED flickers.

Is this a common thing with tube pedals?? Am I doing something retarded here or is the kit borked?

xx
[/quote]

I'd send it him back, it's leaking ac onto the chassis which will be messing your other gear up to