Why become a member? ×

F/S Harmony H22 - 60's hollowbody - slight project

utone23

[color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]

*I've already posted this in the newer classified section but as there seems to be a little confusion between the two sections, and this forum is still being posted in, I'll it repost here.*

[font=Helvetica]Putting out a feeler to see if there's any interest in this super cool 60's Harmony H22, as seen in the hands of Ronnie Lane and Muff Winwood. [/font]

[font=Helvetica]It's a fully hollow body with bolt on neck, with one excellent DeArmond gold foil pickup and 'bass boost' switch for extra rumble. The neck's a 30" scale but it uses full length strings (flats, currently) as there's quite a distance from the bridge to the tailpiece which gives a tighter feel to the strings than many short scales.[/font]

[font=Helvetica]At some point in the past I disconnected the electronics and wired it back together wrong, so the vol and tone knobs both control volume, and there's a bit of grounding hum. Nice job. It still puts out sound though. Should be an easy fix for a competent solderer.[/font]

[b]*Edit* Just to clarify the issue with the wiring. I should have pointed out the original wiring harness and pots haven't been touched. The area where I joined things up wrong is the single point where the cable from the pickup meets the cable from the wiring harness.[/b]

[font=Helvetica]Elsewhere, condition is ok - the finish has some scratches and chips and is worn off the back of the neck but nothing horrible. The neck is fine with some fret wear but not a drastic amount. The dot markers are missing on the 5th and 15th frets and one is missing at the 12th. The metal tailpiece cover is missing and I do have the original pickguard but not the screws. The bridge looks to have been glued, or re-glued (not sure if these had floating bridges original or not) - there's a bit of residue around it. The 'M' on the front of the body is a waterslide decal so that'll come off easily if you want.[/font]

[font=Helvetica]Anyway I love this bass, it's a lot of fun to play, loads of character with a great thumpy vintage sound and massive bass with the switch engaged. Makes a P-bass sound like a Fodera or something in contrast! But I'm not getting round to fixing it up and I'd really like it to go to a good home. Price wise I'm not really sure where to start… A mint condition H22 went for £830 on US eBay recently but I'm obviously not looking for that sort of figure - £400 maybe? Feel free to make me an offer or just chime in with a suggestion of value.[/font]

[font=Helvetica]I'm in Birmingham for collection or would post - there's no case unfortunately but I'd pack it up securely.[/font][/size][/font][/color]