Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FS/FT: 1976 Marshall 4x12 (G12M) 55Hz Bass Drivers (444 cones)

surfguy13

I'm getting rid of a very nice Marshall 4x12 made in 1976. Proper ply job, not the modern chipboard rubbish.

I have all my photos on Photobucket which has gone AWOL so have been trying to get to grips with Flickr without too much success. I can't seem to find an IMG code on Flickr so this is the link to the 'set' in which you can see loadsa photos of the cab and a 1970 JMP 50 watt guitar head I'm selling too:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90249200@N07/sets/72157632129566395/

The cab is all original bar some of the screws on the back and it sounds great. The G12 Ms are 55Hz so what Marshall describe as 'bass cones' and have the 444 code on the cones which are, I'm told, means they are Kurt Mueller cones whatever that means?!!!

The front and sides of the cab are very respectable but the back is a bit the worse for wear but......who sees the back!! :) It has a new set of Marshall castors and is ready to rock and roll.

I'd like what I paid for it which is £450 which isn't too bad when you consider new 4x12s are going for well over that. I'm looking for a bass cab to use with an old 1965 Selmer Treble and Bass head (50 watts) so happy to consider a 1x15 or 2x15 or possibly 10s in some format. This is to use in a garage converted to rehearsal room spec so don't need anything too massive and the cab needs to be either 8 or 16 ohms as those are the only options on the head. The other option I would consider is a bass combo but whether it's a cab or a combo I'd like something decent quality that sounds good.