Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer LX Jazzman

The Funk

Hi guys. I'm looking at picking up a 5-string Streamer LX Jazzman second hand and I was wondering if you guys had any information about them.

The first Warwick I ever tried was a Streamer LX and I loved it (just couldn't afford it as a teenager). I love the sound of the Jazzman pick-up combination when I see other bassists playing Streamer and FNA Jazzman basses at gigs. As much as I love my Infinity SN 5, it can be slightly difficult to get a great sound of if I have to share other people's amps or play a tricky room. The Jazzman pick-up combination just seems to work everywhere.

Unfortunately, the Warwick website doesn't seem to have any information about the Streamer LX Jazzman, so I thought I'd come to you guys and see what you could tell me.

my mate has the four string version and it sounds truly wonderfull.he's a great player,one of those young gifted b*st**ds that you hate.he plays funk mainly so im sure you'll find it very agreeable.i had a quick go on it and it felt great,even to my untrained hands you could tell you'd strapped on something special.
ive just got of the phone with him and here's the spec for his,whether or not they're all the same tho' i cant be sure
it has a swamp ash body with flame maple top,
ovankol neck and wenge(apparently very rare) fingerboard,
bell brass frets(supposed to last forever)
special truss rod,he did say but i cant remember exactly
3 band active eq with mm and jazz pickups.
hope this helps.
cheers,
pete. :)