Why become a member? ×

1970s Fender Jazz with Sadowsky pre-amp

Alfie Noakes

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]Selling on behalf of a friend. I can vouch for his all round goodness and great playing (he's Diamond Head's bassist - "Is He Evil?" No, he's a quite a nice guy, truth be told), and how nice this bass is. Any questions or enquiries, just ring Eddie direct on 07714 086369. He's also in the Birmingham area.[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]"Fender Jazz Bass for sale, I've been told it's either a 77 or 78 maple fingerboard ash body; a Sadowsky preamp was installed about 10 years ago. I would consider removing it but to be quite honest it makes a great sounding bass and boosts it into the stratosphere, and I consider only the Aguilar preamp to be comparable,and I own Sadowsky basses.

This is a very reluctant sale. The main reason being that it's a heavy guitar (which no doubt contributes to its huge sound) but after years of use has taken a toll on my back. Interestingly, when I purchased the guitar there was another identical 70s jazz bass with only one digit difference on the serial no. which was half the weight but was far inferior sound wise(Marcus Miller was right). Obviously for a bass of this age and extensive use, it has a few nicks here and there on the back of the neck and belt buckleware (see photos) but that doesn't stop it from being one of the best basses I have ever played bar none. It will break my heart to see it go.

I would consider a part exchange with a deluxe Fender Jazz as it's the nearest I've heard to a good 70s jazz barring a Lakland, It has toured and recorded all over Europe and never let me down. Shirt, Slipknot's engineer, was a particular fan of it. It comes with a shaped semi-flight case and I am looking for £1,800"[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]Photos to follow...when the Uploader is working properly again. No file was selected...oh yes it was!! If you're keen for photos PM me your email address and I'll oblige.[/size][/font]

Edited by Alfie Noakes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...