Why become a member? ×

[SOLD] Boss DS-1 CMAT Tri-Gain switch modded [SOLD]

Le Chat Noir

Due to my impending emigration from the UK I am having a massive clearout of gear, both to raise funds and because I won't be able to take it all with me! Please check my other posts for more goodies. All my items are well-cared for, recently tested and found to be fully functioning.

Bank transfer is my preferred payment method, but I'll also accept Paypal if you twist my arm.

[b]ITEM: [/b]Boss DS-1 CMAT Tri-Gain switch modded
[b]WHAT YOU GET: [/b]Everything in the image below, which is a picture of the actual item.
[b]CONDITION:[/b] Full working condition, cosmetically great.
[b]PRICE: [/b][s]£35 shipped in the UK[/s][b][SOLD][/b]

Edited by Le Chat Noir

[quote name='cm261' timestamp='1352842981' post='1868383']
Holy crap that's a lot of threads, this really should have all gone in one post. Might wanna give that an edit ;)
[/quote]

Is it official forum policy to have to do just one post if you're selling multiple things? If so, I'll combine them - but otherwise I felt it was OK to list them separately - do let me know if I was out of line!

No I think separate threads is fine.

Easier to manage and is it really that hard to deal with skipping past a few 'for sale' threads?

Anyway, good luck with your sales and good luck with your emigration also!

Could I also ask for more detail as to what the mod to this pedal does please?

Cheers!

Alex

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1352845981' post='1868462']
No I think separate threads is fine.

Easier to manage and is it really that hard to deal with skipping past a few 'for sale' threads?

Anyway, good luck with your sales and good luck with your emigration also!

Could I also ask for more detail as to what the mod to this pedal does please?

Cheers!

Alex
[/quote]

Thanks Alex - yeah, that's pretty much how I saw it!

Here's what the guy who makes the mod kit says:

[i][size=4][color=#000000]This is one awesome pedal after the mod. Tons of volume and some of the richest, smoothest, tastiest distortion you have ever heard. Looking for that Satriani type wall of sound with thick tasty leads? This is the mod for you.[/color][/size][/i]

[i][size=4][color=#000000]Those of you that liked my SD-808 will love this mod also. [/color][/size][/i][i][color=#000000]Very similar harmonic structure with enhanced pinched harmonics and sustain for days. There's a wide variety of tone in this mod. With the gain turned down you'll get this smooth edgy vibe that's almost like an overdrive. Push the gain up and and this pedal will go into heavenly type distortion with no splatiness or flabby bass. Thick and smooth is the order of the day. Not a raspy tone in this mod. If you're looking for a pedal that sounds equally good at bedroom or concert volume this is the mod for you.[/color][/i]

[i][color=#000000]Chad Matthews suggested I try installing a Toggle Switch to switch between a 1N4002 diode and an LED. The effect was simply stunning! Now you can have the best of both worlds. The awesome richness and smooth distortion of my regular Rectifier Mod and the FAT, thick, tubish type gain, with tons of glorious sustain, that the LEDs will give you. This mod takes the Rectifier Mod to a new level tone-wise and improves an already great sounding mod.[/color][/i]