Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRB6II Jack repair / replacement?

Kongo

Hey guys, so I love my Yamaha TRB6II, I really do but there's something that's getting old now; No matter what I do eventually it seems to like pulling it's wires out. I can't for the life of me stop the damn jack from rotating, I tighten it enough but this involves constantly taking the back plate off. I make sure not to rotate my lead when putting it in but movement alone does this, I can't stand like a statue.
I've seriously tried everything and very soon I'll have none of the white wire left, it's on it's 5th re-solder on that and 3rd resolder of the earth wires.

It looks like a standard barrel jack. I've tried jamming foam and the like behind it but over time it just works grooves into it and freely moves again.
Soon this bass will be going on the road with me and it's pulled a wire out and died on me mid-rehearsal a few times, I don't want this happening live. I always make sure to check it before hand but my point is this shouldn't be happening.

Can anyone suggest something to try? Am I alone with this issue or is it known?
Any help would be appreciated. :-)