Why become a member? ×

Aguilar DB Cabs

PauBass

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1349952372' post='1832574']
700w between the pr and I run with a 550w amp. The sound is great..and as I said, is far better -for me- than the 2 Berg 112's I also use
but the DB's relegate these to a B rig.
Tight low B which fills the rooms but never boomy or bass heavy..it is just FULL.
The cabs have nice highs and a mid presence..which I think is the DB cab bias, and I have no hankering for a 115 at all.

The only cab I would think I would replace them with MIGHT be a Berg NV610 but that has no tweeter.
In fact, I wouldn't get rid of the DB's..I would add the NV610 to my choice of rigs depending on the stage and gig, but that also depends on whether the Berg has the higher end that I think I'd want. But at £800 for a cab SH, which I would use, maybe 5-6 times a year at my current gig level..?? maybe GAS is ruling my head.

If Aguilar did a DB610 with a horn I would probably be all over it.... more so that the Berg...but that is based on hearing Berg NEO 12's not the NV/HD version.

I have my amp in for service so maybe I'll check with you later about meeting up to demo these configs if you still have them.. unless you have a decent room to run them in.
Might need to get to Horsham soon-ish..
[/quote]

I'm sure we could meet up at some point, where are you based?

[quote name='ashevans09' timestamp='1350167176' post='1835478']
Just going to throw my 2 cents in here - I was severely underwhelmed by the DB cabs, and was really disappointed to be. Love their look! If you've found you're liking the bergs why not just get some smaller bergs to make things more portable?
[/quote]

I thought about Aguilar cabs as I think they will work well with my Aguilar DB750 amp and because they are more traditional/vintage sounding I believe.
Smaller Bergantino cabs seem to be a bit more modern sounding...I like the NV cabs but there's only the 610 and 412.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1350175626' post='1835547']
About 6 years ago I owned 2 GS112 cabs and I thought they sounded great. In spite of that I moved to Bergantino cabs because they were lighter, had a tighter bass tone and Mark was running a special offer!

I love my AE210's (very clear and punchy) but don't play them enough, instead I usually gig with 1, 2 or 3 AE112 cabs. They still sound fantastic but only weigh 30lbs each. I’m afraid with my back that has become the deciding factor.

Many of the players I rate seem to be using Aguilar so if someone else was humping the gear I would certainly check out their DB210 cabs. But then again If I could lift an NV412 I'd probably keep that.

Get a trolley!
[/quote]

Thinking of keeping the NV412 already to be honest

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1350176756' post='1835556']
I've just reread the OP and how loud is [i]very loud[/i]?

You don’t have many Aguilar alternatives. A DB410 is only 10lb lighter than the NV412 so there's no point in changing to one of those. A DB212 weighs 70lbs but that's only half the air that you’re used to moving. If you like the “power” of your current rig you’ll probably find you’ll need 2.

2 DB210 cabs won't be as loud and 112's just won't keep up, so how loud do you need to be?

Also good used Aguilar cabs don't come up very often, so if you're looking at new, 2 DB212's would cost rather a lot.
[/quote]

I know they are expensive cabs and not many used ones around :(

I'm liking the idea of maybe 2 DB210s or a DB210 + a DB115.

Would it be much difference in volume to what I already have?

The Bergantino is rated at 800 watts 103 db
The Aguilars
- DB210 350 watts 98 db
- DB115 400 watts 96 db

Edited by PauBass

• 4 weeks later...