Why become a member? ×

EBS Fafner for sale / trade- ***withdrawn***

Graham

The Cab is now sold.

Rather reluctant sale this, some of you will remember from an earlier thread I'm moving to a smaller house and sadly wont have space for this rig, as much as I love it.

It's a superb sounding pro rig in what I'd call "as new" condition, there's a little damage to the rack case but everything else is absolutely fine, as if it had just left the factory.

The amp has a very musical sounding on-board compressor, a tube drive section and the defeatable EBS filters with the bright control and deep / bright switches. The tube-drive has a character switch which keeps more of the low end in your tone - very useful.

The filters in the EQ section are the best I've come across and a little bit goes a long-way - the controls are bass / semi-parametric mid / treble.

It's the older single channel model, but having read some peoples comments on how the newer version is a lot more complicated I see this as no bad thing.

It's 600 watts at 2 Ohm, and will do any impedance between 2 and 8, the cab is 4 Ohm with an adjustable tweeter and I've never had to crank the amp hard to get it loud enough - plenty of headroom here.

It's got all the usual features, FX loop, tuner out, front-mounted XLR-out with ground-lift and pre/post EQ switch

It's been professionally modded by Bernie Goodfellow of GB Guitars / EBS UK distributor to replace the bulb next to the tube with an LED cluster so you'll never need to replace the bulb.

It's a remarkably versatile amp that will do pretty much any tone you need I - used to use it in a death metal band and now use it with a covers / function act, and it handles both really well.

I'm looking for £750.00 for the head and £350.00 for the cab or a snip at £1000.00 for whole rig. I wasn't planning on including the Phonics power conditioner / light unit in the sale, but I'm open to negotiations on that. Would consider part-ex for a Barefaced Super 12T, a Genz Neox 2x12, a Genz Benz Streamliner, Gallien Kruger MB Fusion 500 or an EBS Reidmar.

The amp is in East Grinstead, West Sussex and you're welcome to come and try it out and collect from there, or I'll deliver within 30 miles of RH19 for petrol expenses.

Unfortunately these are the best photos I have right now, but I'll get some better ones up as soon as I can.

Edited by Graham

Up we go, house move got in the way of taking proper photies, but will get some up as soon as I can.

If you were looking for just the head or the cab I was after £900 for the head and £500 for the cab, though feel free to make me an offer on either.

Bump

I did a bit of research yesterday and the cheapest I could find a new Fafner (II) for was over £1700.00 and a Proline 4x10 was over £900.00, so a good way of saving some pennies if you're after some good EBS gear

• 1 month later...