Why become a member? ×

Pulled my finger out and recorded this last night....

waldemar

http://soundcloud.com/schweinhaxe/101-1

It's pretty much a noodle around a repeating pattern of chords that our keyboard player had been jamming last week - not being a knower of music I looked 'em up on the internet and managed to get something that sounded a bit like what he'd been doing, although not quite as lush.

Drum loop's straight out of iDrum's box and as ever the bass went in via my Line 6 GX.

More than anything it was an excercise to see what I could come up with bass-wise, I think I've played it a bit safe and could have been a bit more adventurous, but my technique's a bit weak under pressure, as I'm sure you'll hear.

Anyways, have a listen and give us a shout if you've got any suggestions on taking it further.

Cheers!

w./

Hey, thanks very much man. I know exactly what you mean about the over-anxious timings. Even when I know a tune reasonably well I'm always second guessing whether or not the next note's the right one - I'm not a natural musician and don't know anything about music theory so find myself returning to tried and tested patterns, which frustrates me a bit. My left hand techniques a bit weak - too tight a grip leading to awkward fingering - which doesn't help..! Having said all of that, I am trying to do something about it.

Thanks again for having a listen. Much appreciated.

w./