Why become a member? ×

Traded pending Laurent Kah (L.Kah) Remige 6 fretless

nobodysprefect

Very nice jazz-type fretless. 34,5" scale, 19 mm string spacing, adjustable. Side dots on every 'fret.' Weighs only 4.0 kgs. :)

Mahogany/maple body, maple w/laminates neck and ebony board. Very jazz -like tones from the Bassculture single coils. Punch, thickness and mwaah. Aguilar OBP works with the single coils.

The neck is very shallow and Smith-esque (very playable) with a tad of asymmetry. Very quick and comfortable neck, the bass is also very comfortable on strap.

Trades: would trade up to a Fodera 6 or perhaps a very punchy and gnarly Wood & Tronics 6, or the right Adamovic 6, Leduc, Noguera, Skjold (my old fretted whaleback would be nice) - alternatively, I'd agree to a good value fpr Music Man, Fender, Sadowsky metros etc since they are easy to sell locally.

Price: I think about 1200 quid is a very reasonable price - the quality is up there, and the bass is in very good condition, with little fingerboard wear. Comes with a nice Ritter hard case.

Here's a myspace page with different L.Kah basses. I think especially the fretless #026 has similar tones, but also the #27 bears much similarity. You can hear the growl, thickness and presence quite well in clips 1 and 6.

[url="http://www.myspace.com/laurentkah"]http://www.myspace.com/laurentkah[/url]

Edited by nobody's prefect

[quote name='Bobby K' timestamp='1347618337' post='1803057']
This really is a work of art! :gas:
Just been looking at the the Myspace page, such a gorgeous thing that bass.

A very reasonable price too!

Bump! ;)
[/quote]

Thanks! Re: the price - I got this for the same price, so I thought I'd pass the luck along. Also... I love being able to sell something that's absolutely top quality and hand made at a price that meets factory made prices. :)

Am I the only one to notice a distinct difference in aesthetic styles between British and French basses?

Edited by nobody's prefect

• 2 weeks later...