Why become a member? ×

Morning

PEACHYUK

[quote name='PEACHYUK' post='190266' date='May 2 2008, 08:44 AM']Morning, complete newbie, bot a Tangelwood rebel 4 starter pack and some books. Trying to learn a new skill at 38 is not easy! Any top tips, must haves etc...????

Peachy :)[/quote]

Morning and welcome!

I recommend [url="http://www.amazon.com/Bass-Bible-Paul-Westwood/dp/3927190675"]this book [/url]unless you've already got too many. It includes about 1,000 (seriously!) basslines from all genres, both as tab and notes, and was a really good tutor for me.

Ooooooh another late starter.....

2 tips.

1. get 2 books i) 101 bass tips by Hal Leonard and ii) teach yourself bass guitar- step one DVD editioon.

2. When you know how to hold it the right way up and not poke your eye out with it... get a few lessons...

Then try to keep up the sight reading but flog yourself to death with scales and arpeggios and pick up basslines by listening to them....

Worked for me.

[quote name='Maine' post='190273' date='May 2 2008, 08:53 AM']Morning and welcome!

I recommend [url="http://www.amazon.com/Bass-Bible-Paul-Westwood/dp/3927190675"]this book [/url]unless you've already got too many. It includes about 1,000 (seriously!) basslines from all genres, both as tab and notes, and was a really good tutor for me.[/quote]

Thanks for the tips, books ordered.....