Why become a member? ×

1979 Gibson THUNDERBIRD for sale

Riley81

Hi, I'm a new forum member, I thought this would be the best place to start selling this great bass.

A '79 Thunderbird, in decent condition. This bass sounds fantastic, but I am P-Bass for life, and it never gets played. Great weight and balance. It has had a neck repair at the head, as many old ones do, and it has no bridge or pick-up covers. Comes with original case, although this is slightly damaged and has some names stenciled on, as you can see in the photos.
The Bass is in Leeds, west yorkshire, at my studio and potential buyers are welcome to come and try the bass. Delivery can be arranged, please get in touch to discuss. I would appreciate contact by email or phone, as its a pain using the forum on my phone.

£1,750

Please get in touch with any questions, Thanks
George: 07890 841 787
[email protected]

[attachment=117044:P1030081.JPG][attachment=117045:P1030079.JPG][attachment=117046:P1030086.JPG][attachment=117047:P1030089.JPG]

Edited by Riley81

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Riley81' timestamp='1347297486' post='1799000']
Bump, No T-Bird fans out there?
[/quote]

IMHO - A good quality photo of the area of the headstock break repair would help I would think.
I've seen this repair done really well...and also done very badly ([i]there's one on US eBay currently that has a horrendously bad repair, astonishingly bad in fact...[/i]) - if yours is a 'good repair', which I'm sure it is, then if people can see that clearly on here you're much more likely to get some interest. Just my 10p worth of course!
I'd be interested in having a look at your T-Bird...but it's a very long drive for me...
Good luck!

Thanks for the advice, 99str, much appreciated.

Here is a pic of the neck break.

It looks to me like it wasn't too bad a break initially and a pretty decent repair, although I could be wrong. I'm happy to consider offers on the bass, and I love a road trip if any serious offers are unable to travel/want to see the bass.

Thanks.